Sunday, November 13, 2011

November 13, 2011

There won't be many days left this season that are filled with sunshine and warmth, and yet here I sit, with a sore throat, headache, and broken glasses.  I did take a quick ride in my dune buggy to the store to get milk and a few other things, but pretty much I'm just stuck inside on what may be the last glorious day of the season.  Plus I broke my glasses so I'm wearing old ones that make it hard to see.

But enough whining.  I can see the gloriousness of the day from my sick bed (couch) and I can hear the neighbors working in their yards through my open windows (which just begs the question, however: can these people never think of anything else to do on a beautiful day but blow leaves and cut their grass, grass, I might add, that at this point in the season doesn't really need cutting?).  If I felt well, I'd take a ride in my Bug with the top down, or sit on the front porch and read, or go to the park and walk and watch the children play on the playground, or go sit in an outdoor cafe and play on my computer.  ANYthing but yard work, you know?  And they do it EVERY weekend.  EVERY weekend.  And now I can smell the gas from the leaf blower.  More whining.

So that's the beginning of my new Life Journal.  Thoughts, feelings, whims, flights of fancy, and whines.  Plus the occasional photo.

Ending today with this: 50 Life Secrets and Tips.  Pretty good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment